Ouvert du 13 avril au 30 septembre 2018
Au coeur du Parc Naturel Régional du Morvan
Tél : +33 (0)3 86 78 22 88
Activities and village around the camp-site Les Genêts du Morvan
Ouroux en Morvan and its surroundings
The village d'Ouroux en Morvan is a lively village, where you will find many shops and services :
- Rambling in the surrounding forests and area.
- Guides and maps of the area (flora, fauna, ramblings) at your disposal at the reception desk.
- Tourist information regarding the activities in the Parc du Morvan and the Nièvre at your disposal at the reception desk. For extra information you can visit the Tourist Office in the center of Ouroux en Morvan (at 600 meters).
- Ouroux en Morvan has created a short touristic circuit in the heart of the village: "le circuit des anciens matériels agricoles : au rythme des saisons" (2 kilometers, 45 minutes)
- Mini museum : cooperage and wine in the Morvan.
- Lake (6 ha) with carps, pikes and white fish with fishing possibilities. A municipal fishing licence is obligatory.
- 7 marked theme circuits (4-20 km) : history, patrimony, environment
- Mountain bike (80 km marked circuits in the surroundings of Ouroux en Morvan).
- Professionals propose horse-riding activities : rambles with horses or donkeys (one day, two days, a week...)
- Feel like sporting ? The company AB Loisirs proposes many activities in the heart of the beautiful Morvan nature : tree-climbing, quad, rafting, mountain biking (more information at the reception desk or www.abloisirs.com).
For more information don't hesitate to visit the Tourist Office of Ouroux en Morvan..
- Post office
- Open air cinema
- Medical practitioner
- Wine cellar
- Tobacco shop
- Art Gallery
- Traditional market, every Sunday morning
- Fuel station 24/24 + car wash
- Short films festival, in July
- Historical site : le maquis Bernard
- The chapel of Savault
- The Mast of Ouroux
- And much more...
The big Morvan lakes
Pannecière (at 6 km) : The Lac de Pannecière is the biggest lake of the Parc Naturel Régional du Morvan (520 ha, 13 kms). Actually, the lake is emptying and it will stay empty for more than a year in order to rehabilitate the dam. Come discover the landscapes which, normally, are hidden by the lake's water.
Les Settons (at about ten kilometers) : The Lac des Settons (350 ha) is situated at an altitude of 600m and is surrounded by beautiful forests. The lac des Settons is retained by a stone dam and its two islands give the impression of an oasis surrounded by mountains. A ramble circuit on the bank offers the possibility to take a walk around the lake(or do it by bike, the bank is rather flat). Other activities: twin-hull, pedalo, supervised swimming, fishing, motorized nautical activities.
L'Espace Saint-Brisson, Maison du Parc du Morvan (21 km) :
Ecomusée du Morvan : "Maison des Hommes et des paysages" : you will travel through the history of the Morvan and discover the daily life of its inhabitants, their know-how and their relation with environment...
Le Musée de la Résistance : The Morvan has been a privileged area for resistants thanks to its swamps. The documents, archives, pictures and war material in this museum will learn you everything about the resistance in Burgundy during the Second World War.
Pedagogic paths and activities : Herbularium, Sentier de l'Etang Taureau (path around a pond), ornithological observatory, Arboretum, Morvan fruit tree orchard
Château Chinon (25 km) "capital of the Morvan"
Musée du costume : since 1992 about 5000 habits are shown in this mansion (1500 m2). You will discover the various evolutions of the french fashion between the 18 th and the middle of the 20 th century.
Musée du septennat de François Mitterrand : the museum, dedicated to the seven-year term of François Mitterrand, is installed in the ancient convent Sainte-Claire (18 th century) and has opened its doors in 1986. It shows the official and personal presents François Mitterrand received when he was France's president. All the presents in the museum has been bequeathed to the Nièvre department.
Moving fountain by Niki de Saint Phalle and Jean Tinguely one of the biggest moving fountains in the world.
Corbigny (28 km)
And also... some nice places in Burgundy
- The Corbigny Abbey
- The Villemolin Castle
- The tile factory of Chapelle de Sarre
- Near Avallon (at the entrance of the Morvan park), magnificent medieval city with partly preserved medieval walls.
- Castles in the surroundings: Bazoche, Chastellux, Chatillon en Bazois (magnificent french garden).
- Nearby Saint Père sous Vezelay, where you can visit the church Notre Dame de Vezelay. The church is a beautiful example of the Burgundy's gothic art.
The archeological excavations of Fontaines Salées show gallo-roman thermal baths.
- Arcy sur Cure : caves.
- Nearby : the Guedelon Castle (construction of a medieval castle).
Camping Les Genêts
Route de Lormes
Tel : 03 86 78 22 88
Gsm : 06 06 46 80 13
Mail : email@example.com
GPS : 47°11'19"N , 3°56'21"E